Cubicle7 new book is third Archives of the Empire. Like previous ones, it is package of different articles, rules (or advanced rules), careers and other information. These are always interesting and expand the rules we have. They are not tied to region or anything else and this way you can add any rules in to one package. To find some specific rule from various sourcebooks might eventually get little difficult... But, these are still good rulebooks. So, what we have now:
- Legitimate Business Enterprises. This is interesting article with rules. If characters want to start some type of enterprise (there are many different examples here) you got number of rules how that might work (or not work). Basically earn money from something else than adventuring, or during the time periods between. Besides general rules, each enterprise type has it's own details (and even some adventure hooks). And you also get few examples (with secrets).
- Expanded armour rules. You got armour fitting rules, damage rules, stealth rules, repairing rules, and finally expanded armour list.
- The Cult of Handrich, with Cult Priest career and miracles.
- The Cult of Khaine. No careers or miracles.
- The Cult of Solkan, with Cult Priest career and miracles.
- Cult of the Old Faith. No careers or miracles, but there are rules for careers and blessings found from Core Rulebook. And there are plenty of good background information.
- Hedgecraft. Good amount of information and spells.
- The Cult of Rhya, with Cult Priestess career and Miracles.
- Magical Animal Familiars. Rules and animal stats.
- Altdorf background(s) for Characters.
- Alternative Channelling rules. Each Lore has number of details.
- And then some NPC.
Besides all mentioned, there are a lot of small details and background information scattered to different articles and chapters.
Cubicle7 has done, again, a amazing sourcebook! This time it takes us to perilous waters of the Sea of Claws (and also any other seas). Sea of Claws is sourcebook about the lands surrounding the Sea of Claws, sea that lies between land of Norsca and the nations of the Old World. But, it is also sourcebook about sea travel and various rules connected to that. Personally I find it very interesting as it has alot of Norsca information. And there are also so many small details, that must be either added, or maybe little changed, on my Norsca Projects. But, more that later, when I start doings the changes...
The book is full of information. So, what we got here? Well, first there is the history. Then details about various locations on the shores of the Sea of Claws. Each location has interesting places, details, adventure hooks, personel... Besides this information there are other details (see more below). After locations, you got huge amount of rules. Below the list what you will get.
- History and current situation
- Bretonnia and the Wasteland (this includes Marienburg, Sea Magics, Elves...)
- The Ostland Coast
- The Troll Country (Throgg the Troll King, The Sarl Coast...)
- Kraka Ravnsvake (Norse Dwarf Characters, Dwarf Navy, Ungruvalk...)
- The Skaeling Coast (information about Norse, The Skaelings, Kirkjugardur Landgskipa, Norse Characters - Bjornlings, Sarl, Skaelings, Norse Careers...)
- The Bjornling Coast (Wind Effects, Skjold...)
But, that is not all. Book also has following rules:
- The Seafarer Class (New Talents, New Careers including Sailor-Priest of Manann...)
- The Cult of Manann (with Miracles)
- The Cult of Stromfels (with Priest of Stromfels career and Miracles of Stromfels...)
- Boats and Boatbuilding (ship building rules, traits, upgrades, artillery...)
- Seafaring (manoeuvres, weather, navigation, chasing and racings, collisions, damaging boats, repairing boats, boat critical hits...)
- Sailing Larger Vessels (crew tests, morale..)
- Extended Voyages (events, endeavours at sea, maritime trade...)
- Gazetteer of Ports around the Sea of Claws
- Gazetteer of International Ports
- Bestiary (including famous personel)
+ There is a map of Sea of Claws too, but I personally recommend using my Norsca Map, which I do have to update after this. I also have very fitting Whaler Career on my WFRP4 Rules for any adventures in Sea of Claws.
Something new from me. Inspired by Up In Arms WFRP4 sourcebook. New WFRP4 career: Charioteer.
Ok, you probably wondering who even uses chariots for war on current Warhammer timeline? Well, answer is that actually many: High Elves, Druchii, Greenskins, Beastmen, Tomb Kings, and finally the Northmen (even the Norse). Probably some other cultures, not so much detailed, might use chariots too. And Charioteer career is also good for any military type usage of vehicles, like The Empire War Wagons.
But, document isn't just one career. It features couple of new Talents to make this career even more unique. It also has expanded vehicle stats for various chariot types and The Empire War Wagons. And few expanded / missing vehicle combat rules to make that more interesting.